COVID Update at Mcleans Rd
Our educators will ensure your child’s health, wellbeing and safety by adhering to the following coronavirus (COVID-19) additional hygiene practices:
- Our educators are practising social distancing by working 1.5m apart from one another
- We understand that it is not always possible to practise social distancing with children, however we will ensure our educators are equipped to talk to your child about the coronavirus and why social distancing and hygiene is so important
- Ensuring children wash their hands hourly, as well as after toileting, before food and when coming inside
- Sanitising all surfaces and frequent touch points every 30 minutes
- Providing sanitiser at all entry points of centres
- Displaying guidelines for hand washing, social distancing and risk minimisation measures
- Replacing all scheduled incursions and excursion with in-house activities
- Reinforcing to staff the importance of monitoring their own health and are advising that if they feel unwell or are showing signs of illness, they must remain at home
- Children are separated between indoor and outdoor spaces to ensure that there is enough space between each child
- All centres have cancelled mat time until further notice
- All staff and children must wash their hands upon entry and each site will have an increased amount of sanitiser available
- Children are not be permitted to play with clay or play doh
- No visitors permitted in centres
- Single drop off / collection point for parents at reception
We want to reassure you that our staff have the support they need and are prepared to react accordingly to any confirmed or suspected cases. We take the health and safety of our communities very seriously and appreciate your understanding during this challenging time.
JOY BETHEL AGED CARE ART PROJECT
During the Covid 19 Lockdown, children at Mcleans Rd Kindergarten started an Art Project to keep them connected to Community. The Joyful project, once completed was given to Bethel Aged Care in Mill Park.
Many Thanks to Daniela Zinni -Director at Mcleans Rd, Whittlesea Council Catherine Simcox- Ageing Well Planner, Katelyn Stanyer- Community Development Officer – Bundoora/Mill Park and Trish Foley – General Manager at Bethel Aged Care.
BELONGING, BEING & BECOMING The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia
OUTCOME 2: CHILDREN ARE CONNECTED WITH AND CONTRIBUTE TO THEIR WORLD · Children develop a sense of belonging to groups and communities and an understanding of the reciprocal rights and responsibilities necessary for active community participation · Children respond to diversity with respect · Children become aware of fairness ·Children become socially responsible and show respect for the environment .
Standard 6.3 of the National Quality Standard (NQS) highlights how helping children contribute to their community can improve children’s wellbeing and learning.
McLeans Road Kindergarten
Hello Families and Community members
Mcleans Rd Kindergarten has been an integral part of the Bundoora Community for the past 43 years.
The increasing growth of population in the northern region of Melbourne has created the need for a larger Kindergarten with a double room and modern facilities for children. Ultimately ‘one room’ kindergartens need to redevelop and be rebuilt into bright new centres with state of the art facilities.
Mcleans Rd will be rebuilt and construction will commence September 2020 and be completed by 2022.
More information on this can be found here: https://www.whittlesea.vic.gov.au/about-us/major-council-projects/mcleans-road-kindergarten-redevelopment/
Also City of Whittlesea are capturing the history of this amazing place. More information here : https://www.whittlesea.vic.gov.au/about-us/news-publications/latest-news/share-your-memories-of-mcleans-road-kindergarten/
We look forward to starting our new era and supporting the families, children and community of Bundoora and surrounding suburbs.
Management of Mcleans Rd Kindergarten
Presidents Welcome Message
McLeans Road Kindergarten is based within the Norris bank Reserve in Bundoora. We are fortunate to be surrounded by natural bush land that our families can enjoy. Our kindergarten has been running for over 30 years, and is well established within our community. For example some of our first students now have children of their own attending our Kinder. In 2013, after many years of fundraising, we redeveloped our outside play area. We have also renewed the inside learning areas which has created a vibrant space for our children to learn in. Our staff are exceptional and will make you and your family feel very welcome. We have a fantastic and committed committee, which moved to an independent model in 2013.
Please Ring 9467-5993 Monday or Tuesday for appointment